You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   Irish Poker Forum > Irish Poker Forum > Playing Poker > Poker Site Reviews

Notices

Unread 05-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Big Stack

Post How To Set-Up an Online Account

A question that we get again and again is how do you go about starting to play online poker. Here is a quick 3 step guide to help you get online and play poker online.
  1. Poker Software :You will need to install some software on your computer. Go to the website of your choice, i.e. PKR and search for the download software link. These are typically on the front page of every major poker website.Click the link and download the file. Open the the file and follow the instructions.
  2. Creating a players account: When you are brought to the site you will need to enter a username and select a password. These will be linked to an email address, which you will probably have to verify.
  3. Depositing Funds: If you want to play online and make money with poker you will need to deposit some cash into your account. Most poker websites allow you to play with 'virtual money' so you can see if you like the setup. Once you have decided that you want to play at this website you will need to use a credit card / laser card or other payment method to start playing. The website will also need to get more information about you, typically they ask for
    1. Full Name
    2. Address
    3. Date of Birth
    4. Contact phone number
    5. etc
Take extra care when doing this part, as often the websites will give you a call to confirm that you are who you are. Remember you don't want any problems when you are cashing out your hard earned money.

Best of Luck,
Paul
Unread 06-05-2008, 04:04 PM

You got huge knowledge about online poker games. I never tried this and I love to play this card game with my friends ... but however someday I will give a try to this ...