You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    

Go Back   Irish Poker Forum > Irish Poker Forum > Poker Strategies

Notices

Unread 06-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Bankroll Management, Help

I've been playing poker for a few years now even though i'm only 18 icon_cool.gif but i always have the same problem, i deposit some cash, start building it up quite well and then i just lose patience and start playing way out of my bankroll and end up going broke. The stakes i enjoy playing in are $20-$50 sit n go's. Can anyone give me some tips on what my bankroll should be to play at these levels and how often i should be playing. I love the game and i could probably play for 10 hours straight but i know i would end up playing bad,is there any specific amount of time you should play before having a break? thanks for ya help guys
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Big Stack

Basically the more you play the better you get at things. You can get some sit and go games for $5, which will help you. Also a great poker strategy for beginners is to start to play multiple games at a time. Obviously start with 1 extra window and don't add in an extra table until you can handle that.

Some of the top players play 4 -5 windows at a time, and in this way they can increase the number of hands they get to see, and ultimately their winnings / losses.
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:58 PM

Hi Paul, got an email saying you had replied, thanks !

Basically that was the idea, I think. It's almost 2 years since I posted that there ! Since I've started to play poker back in 2008, I have indeed started to play multi table poker. It demands more concentration so I don't do it for more than an hour at a time. I can earn anything between $30 - $200 in that hour playing a mix of different values of blinds. Generally I go for $0.5/$1 range.